Howdy-do y'all! Missie, The Unread Reader, here. *tips brim of cowboy hat in greeting*
Since I've been a long time fangirl of Alison's blog, one of the many reasons being her love for Twilight, I jumped on her offer to do a guest post for Totally Twilight. And that is why you are stuck with me today. Yeehaw!
Over on my blog, I host a meme called "My Book Boyfriend," in which participants are encouraged to swoon over boys in books! Though many fictional hotties have been featured, I haven't yet seen a MBB post on one of the most amazing vampires ever, Jasper Whitlock Hale! So, I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to do one now!
From the moment he quietly appeared in Twilight, Jasper stole my heart. He had a gentle nature that hinted at something a bit dark, and that completely intrigued me. Later, when I learned he was from Texas, that only served to forever cement a deep affection for Jazz in my heart. Also, from the whole Cullen Coven, I think Jasper has the most interesting background. Here are a few of my favorite Jasper tidbits.
- Born in 1844 in Houston, TX
- Tall with a medium build and honey blond hair
- Lied about his age to join the Confederate Army and quickly became the youngest Major
- Gained the notice of a vampire, Maria, who was creating a vampire army of newborns. She turned Jasper for his military skills in 1863
- He was 19 at the time
- Has the ability to feel and manipulate human emotions
- After years of killing for Maria, he became extremely depressed
|artwork by nami86|
- Left Maria's coven & wandered alone for years
- In 1948, met Alice at a diner in Philadelphia, & they fell in love
- Agreed to join the Cullen Coven and adopt their "vegetarian" lifestyle to be with Alice. They married soon after
- Began using Rosalie's last name, Hale, to pose as her twin
- Of the Cullan Coven, has the most difficult time controlling his bloodlust for humans
- Has degrees in history and philosophy
My Favorite Jasper scene ever:
Artwork by the wickedly talented nami86. Visit nami86's gallery on deviantART for more Jasper/Alice and Twilight illustrations.
The Twilight Saga:
The Official Illustrated Guide
Fans of the #1 New York Times bestselling Twilight Saga will treasure this definitive official guide!
This must-have hardcover edition--the only official guide--is the definitive encyclopedic reference to the Twilight Saga and provides readers with everything they need to further explore the unforgettable world Stephenie Meyer created in Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. With exclusive new material, character profiles, genealogical charts, maps, extensive cross-references, and much more, this comprehensive handbook is essential for every Twilight Saga fan.
As a special thanks to Alison for letting me gush about Jasper today, I'd like to offer Alison Can Read readers a chance to win a copy of The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide!
Giveaway Deets: To enter, just answer the question at the end of the post.
- Make sure to leave a contact e-mail.
- Open to anywhere The Book Depository ships. Please check the list of countries here.
- Retweet for an extra entry! Include RT link in comment.
- Ends 11/24 at 11:59pm EST.
- Winner will be selected using random.org.
Which Twilight Saga guy (or gal) would you date and why?