June 12, 2012; Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers
3 Ex-Best Friends
Alice, Summer, and Tiernan are ex-best friends.
Back in middle school, the three girls were inseparable. They were also the number one fans of the rock band Level3.
But when the band broke up, so did their friendship. Summer ran with the popular crowd, Tiernan was a rebellious wild-child, and Alice spent high school with her nose buried in books.
Now, just as the girls are about to graduate, Level3 announces a one-time-only reunion show.
Even though the concert’s 2000 miles away, Alice buys three tickets on impulse. And as it turns out, Summer and Tiernan have their own reasons for wanting to get out of town. Good thing Alice’s graduation gift (a pea-green 1976 VW camper van known as the Pea Pod) is just the vehicle to get them there.
But on the long drive cross-country, the girls hit more than a few bumps in the road. Will their friendship get an encore or is the show really over?(courtesy of Goodreads)
Hilary Weisman Graham is an award-winning filmmaker, screenwriter, and novelist. She lives in rural New Hampshire with her husband and son, roughly thirty minutes away from the nearest grocery store.
Tens List: Best Concerts Hilary Has Attended:
Please welcome Hilary Weisman Graham to Alison Can Read! I'm so jealous of all the fabulous concerts she's seen.
1. Sting (first concert)
2. James Taylor (on the way out of the parking lot, he waved at us from his tour bus)
3. Radiohead (Saw them in a small nightclub in Boston way back when they were the opening act for Belly. Crazy.)
4. The Cure
5. The Pixies
7. Rufus Wainwright
8. Cowboy Junkies (the only concert I ever cried through—their songs are just so sad)
9. The Grateful Dead (wasn’t really a fan but a hippie friend on tour gave me a “miracle” ticket)
10. Michael Franti & Spearhead (most recent)