It's time for the weekly book blogger hops again! A great opportunity to meet new bloggers and say hi to old.
Crazy For Books' Book Blogger Hop
Parajunkee's Follow My Book Blog Friday.
I'm Alison. I've been blogging for ten months. I review mainly YA with a few MG books and a weekly manga feature.
On the blog this week -
The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide by Stephenie Meyer
-Actually, this was from last week, but I'm leaving it up for people who are interested.
Ten Miles Past Normal by Frances O'Roark Dowell
The Greyfriar (Vampire Empire #1) by Clay and Susan Griffith
Red Glove by Holly Black
The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
Pick A Read! Help Me Choose a Vacation Book!
Fruits Basket vol. 23 by Natsuki Takaya
Questions of the Week:
Blog Hop: If you find a book you love, do you hunt down other books by the same author?
Yes, although not necessarily right away. I have so many books to read, I generally can't just drop my scheduled books to read everything by a particular author. But I'll pick them up as I go along. For example, I fell in love with Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta last September. Since then, I have periodically picked up her other novels. I'm reading Piper's Son right now and have read all her other books except for Looking for Alibrandi.
Follow Friday: What is on your current playlist right now?
Love this question! I am almost as obsessed with music as I am with books.
Current fav songs:
1 (tie) . Helplessness Blues; and Blue Spotted Tail by Fleet Foxes (New Helplessness Blues album comes out May 3!)
2. Walking Far From Home by Iron & Wine (Kiss Each Other Clean album)
3. Down by the Water by The Decemberists (The King is Dead album)
4. Mine by Taylor Swift (Almost as good as You Belong to Me)
5. Blow by Ke$ha (Pathetically catchy)
6. Vesuvius by Sufjan Stevens (Age of Adz album)
7. Running With the Wolves by Cloud Cult (Light Chasers album)
8. The Field by Mason Jennings (Blood of Man album)
9. Sun Hands by Local Natives
10. Terrible Love by The National
*Edited to add
11. Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons (Sigh No More album - listen to this all the time)