The Feature & Follow is back with a few changes.
The Feature & Follow is back after a two-month hiatus! I know you missed it. I've missed it too! But we wanted to make it bigger and better - and I hope we have accomplished that.
- Weekly Features will be chosen from LIKES on the linkylist and not as random.
- Bloggers and Authors will get to have ONE spot a quarter (90 days) as the feature. But, you can still participate.
- The reason we are switching to this method is because we had issues with contacting people. This way we just choose them.
- We have also switched to THUMBNAIL link list – use a graphic that you want us to use when we showcase you as the feature.
- Weekly questions have been changed to Post Prompts. Very similar just a little more open ended.
- We are asking for ideas submitted by participants.
- We will have the post schedule available so you can schedule in advance.
HOW DOES THE #FF WORK?
- The goal is to increase blog followers, make friends and have something to post.
- You create your own post using the post prompt.
- You leave your link and thumbnail in the linky list that links back to your post prompt.
- Once you have your post up and linked, visit other posts and tell them hi. The point is to FOLLOW them not just comment.
- If you see a post that just hit it to the moon, or just want to show appreciation to a fellow blogger friend, like their name on the linky list to show some appreciation.
- The person with the most likes gets chosen as the next Feature (you can be chosen every 90 days unless we are in need of features)
- It is required that if you participate that you have to follow the FEATURE. It is a big no-no to participate and ignore the feature. They are the special snowflake in this little blizzard.
- As a participant it is up to your discretion on how you want people to follow. Please post RSS, GFC etc if you have a follow of choice.
- Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
- Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
- If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followedFollow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
THE weekly feature:
THE POST prompt:
THE POST prompt:
- 3 favorite heroines, books they're in, and why you love them.
This is easy...although kind of boring because it's not exactly surprising.
1. Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice - She's so clever, witty, and confident. Yet she also is able to recognize when she screws up and change. I like that she never lets people take advantage of her and still treats other people well.
2. Hermione from Harry Potter - Obvious, right? She's so smart and brave. She can sometimes be constrained by her book smarts and her ultra respect for authority, but she learns to grow past it and see in shades of gray.
3. Anne from Anne of Green Gables - A fabulous classic children's heroine. She's plucky, whimsical, and whip smart. In many ways, she is like Luna Lovegood on the outside and Hermione Granger on the inside. She has the best of both.
-Shazi from The Wrath and the Dawn
-Stacy from the Babysitter's Club
-Betsy from the Betsy Tacy series.
Posting prompt schedule
Click on this link
I had a feeling you'd chooser Hermione! ;) Loved that girl too!ReplyDelete
Here's my Follow Friday
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
I like Shazy too! Old follower.ReplyDelete
I love the Babysitters Club! That was def a good pick! :)ReplyDelete
Hermione is definitely a great choice.ReplyDelete
It's been so long since I've read the Babysitters Club that I don't remember any of their names!
Ohh great picks I totally forgot about Hermione shame on me she is an amazing heroine! Thank you for stopping by my blog! :DReplyDelete