The Feature & Follow is back with a few changes.
The Feature & Follow is back after a two-month hiatus! I know you missed it. I've missed it too! But we wanted to make it bigger and better - and I hope we have accomplished that.
- Weekly Features will be chosen from LIKES on the linkylist and not as random.
- Bloggers and Authors will get to have ONE spot a quarter (90 days) as the feature. But, you can still participate.
- The reason we are switching to this method is because we had issues with contacting people. This way we just choose them.
- We have also switched to THUMBNAIL link list – use a graphic that you want us to use when we showcase you as the feature.
- Weekly questions have been changed to Post Prompts. Very similar just a little more open ended.
- We are asking for ideas submitted by participants.
- We will have the post schedule available so you can schedule in advance.
HOW DOES THE #FF WORK?
- The goal is to increase blog followers, make friends and have something to post.
- You create your own post using the post prompt.
- You leave your link and thumbnail in the linky list that links back to your post prompt.
- Once you have your post up and linked, visit other posts and tell them hi. The point is to FOLLOW them not just comment.
- If you see a post that just hit it to the moon, or just want to show appreciation to a fellow blogger friend, like their name on the linky list to show some appreciation.
- The person with the most likes gets chosen as the next Feature (you can be chosen every 90 days unless we are in need of features)
- It is required that if you participate that you have to follow the FEATURE. It is a big no-no to participate and ignore the feature. They are the special snowflake in this little blizzard.
- As a participant it is up to your discretion on how you want people to follow. Please post RSS, GFC etc if you have a follow of choice.
- Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
- Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
- If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followedFollow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
THE weekly feature:
THE POST prompt:
THE POST prompt:
- What's your criteria of a misbehaving author/reviewer?
Hmm..What exactly is a misbehaving author or reviewer?
In relation to authors, I think an author should never comment on a bad review. Early on, I reviewed a book published by a small publisher. I had some pretty gentle constructive criticism. The author commented on a my review in a very defensive manner. I saw other reviews of the same book where the author really ripped into the blogger for daring to criticize the book. That's such bad form to me. I just got a request the other day to review the author's book, and I definitely will not touch any books by that author ever again.
It's harder to say what a misbehaving review is. I'm not one for drama, so I don't like reviewers who get mean with other reviewers or with authors. I think it's fine to criticize a book, but not fine to say cruel things about it or the author. Any book, no matter how much I dislike it, is the product of blood, sweat, and tears by the author. Granted, I have had a few times where I've gotten more snarky than I probably should with a review, but I really try to be both honest and kind.
Posting prompt schedule
Click on this link
The linky was down earlier, but I think/hope that it's fixed now.
I also had a similar incident with an author.ReplyDelete
Here is my FF
-Njkinny @Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff
Linky not working. Here is mine. :) http://125pages.com/ff-feature-follow-time-get-hop-april-22-2016/ReplyDelete
Yes, we must show respect to authors/reviewers but they also must respect us in turn. Old follower.ReplyDelete
I absolutely agree. While authors should never get defensive and reply to negative reviews, reviewers should give them the courtesy of being respectful while voicing their opinion.ReplyDelete
Bayan @ Caffeine and Books
I completely agree with all this! It always nags me when authors want to criticize you for leaving a "bad" review for their book. I guess they just expect EVERYONE to love their book.ReplyDelete
Here's my Follow Friday
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
Yes, once an author has misbehaved it is understandable that reviewers would want to steer clear of them and their work.ReplyDelete