The Feature & Follow is back with a few changes.
The Feature & Follow is back after a two-month hiatus! I know you missed it. I've missed it too! But we wanted to make it bigger and better - and I hope we have accomplished that.
- Weekly Features will be chosen from LIKES on the linkylist and not as random.
- Bloggers and Authors will get to have ONE spot a quarter (90 days) as the feature. But, you can still participate.
- The reason we are switching to this method is because we had issues with contacting people. This way we just choose them.
- We have also switched to THUMBNAIL link list – use a graphic that you want us to use when we showcase you as the feature.
- Weekly questions have been changed to Post Prompts. Very similar just a little more open ended.
- We are asking for ideas submitted by participants.
- We will have the post schedule available so you can schedule in advance.
HOW DOES THE #FF WORK?
- The goal is to increase blog followers, make friends and have something to post.
- You create your own post using the post prompt.
- You leave your link and thumbnail in the linky list that links back to your post prompt.
- Once you have your post up and linked, visit other posts and tell them hi. The point is to FOLLOW them not just comment.
- If you see a post that just hit it to the moon, or just want to show appreciation to a fellow blogger friend, like their name on the linky list to show some appreciation.
- The person with the most likes gets chosen as the next Feature (you can be chosen every 90 days unless we are in need of features)
- It is required that if you participate that you have to follow the FEATURE. It is a big no-no to participate and ignore the feature. They are the special snowflake in this little blizzard.
- As a participant it is up to your discretion on how you want people to follow. Please post RSS, GFC etc if you have a follow of choice.
- Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
- Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
- If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followedFollow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
THE weekly feature:
THE POST prompt:
THE POST prompt:
- Describe the plot of your ten favorite books in 7 words each
Wow, that's what I get for not looking at the questions in advance. This is hard! Especially because I don't have a set 10 favorite books. I'll see what I can do.
1. The whole Harry Potter series - Boy wizard fights evil and eventually wins
2. Pride and Prejudice - 18th century sassy woman meets introverted man
I'll work on thinking of more...
Posting prompt schedule
Click on this link
Now the linky is just a link that takes you to a separate page. I'm not sure why this happened. But I think it may be okay, because at least we don't have to worry about the columns. What do you think?
I like the Harry Potter one! This would be so difficult for me. haha And yeah, thinking of the top 10 books first is hard too!ReplyDelete
Harry Potter and Pride and Prejudice made it to my list too. You gave a great description for each, "sassy woman meets introverted man" is perfect depiction!ReplyDelete
I like your second answer. I really need to read more of this book, except the manga.ReplyDelete
Nice ones to start!! Glad you added titles! I wasn't sure if we were supposed to since I saw Rachel didn't! I decided to give the covers of my picks!ReplyDelete
Here's my Follow Friday
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
HP and P&P are both amazing books. You don't need any other favorites :0)ReplyDelete
Thanks for stopping by. New follower via Bloglovin'
I'm having trouble with the blog hop. I was able to put my info into the linky, but I wasn't sure how to grab the button. I followed First Impressions Reviews.
I also had a Harry Potter description!ReplyDelete
Great description Alison I had a real hard time to describe the plots of my favorite books as well. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog Alison! Old Follower.ReplyDelete
Hi Alison! Thank you for stopping over at my blog. I see we think quite alike. Pride and Prejudice and Harry Potter also made my list. To answer your questions...YES! I can't wait to get my greedy hands on The Raven King. Counting the days! :-)ReplyDelete