As I've become completely
Why do you think this is?
Here are some of my thoughts:
- Teenagers are busy with school, homework, extracurricular activities, and afternoon jobs
- Teenagers tend to use IM and Facebook more than other social media (my conjecture - correct me if I'm wrong)
- Most teenagers don't have the discipline or writing skills to keep up a blog (I know this is not universally true, but think it is true for many)
- People in their 20s+ don't have real-life peers who read YA books, so need to find another outlet to share their reading love
- People in their 20s+ probably already read a lot of blogs and have friends who blog, so it makes sense to start their own
- People in their 20s+ are not quite as afraid to market their blog and to reach out to authors or publishers for interviews, guest posts, giveaways, etc.
Post your answer in the comments. I'd also love to hear why you think YA bloggers tend to be older.
I'll start...I am 29 years old. I will be 30 in September. I think I'll allow myself to turn 30 once, and then I'll go back to being 29 for a few years.