The Feature & Follow is back with a few changes.
The Feature & Follow is back after a two-month hiatus! I know you missed it. I've missed it too! But we wanted to make it bigger and better - and I hope we have accomplished that.
- Weekly Features will be chosen from LIKES on the linkylist and not as random.
- Bloggers and Authors will get to have ONE spot a quarter (90 days) as the feature. But, you can still participate.
- The reason we are switching to this method is because we had issues with contacting people. This way we just choose them.
- We have also switched to THUMBNAIL link list – use a graphic that you want us to use when we showcase you as the feature.
- Weekly questions have been changed to Post Prompts. Very similar just a little more open ended.
- We are asking for ideas submitted by participants.
- We will have the post schedule available so you can schedule in advance.
HOW DOES THE #FF WORK?
- The goal is to increase blog followers, make friends and have something to post.
- You create your own post using the post prompt.
- You leave your link and thumbnail in the linky list that links back to your post prompt.
- Once you have your post up and linked, visit other posts and tell them hi. The point is to FOLLOW them not just comment.
- If you see a post that just hit it to the moon, or just want to show appreciation to a fellow blogger friend, like their name on the linky list to show some appreciation.
- The person with the most likes gets chosen as the next Feature (you can be chosen every 90 days unless we are in need of features)
- It is required that if you participate that you have to follow the FEATURE. It is a big no-no to participate and ignore the feature. They are the special snowflake in this little blizzard.
- As a participant it is up to your discretion on how you want people to follow. Please post RSS, GFC etc if you have a follow of choice.
- Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
- Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
- If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followedFollow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
THE weekly feature:
THE POST prompt:
THE POST prompt:
- What are two of your favorite Book to Movie adaptations?
**Whoops. Forgot all about posting #FF, so this is going up about 30 minutes late.
My favorite is definitely the Anne of Green Gables / Anne of Avonlea movies. They're just as good as, if not better than the books. (The third one is awful though).
I also loved A Little Princess - the movie from about 1994.
I have a fondness for the first Twilight movie. Not because it's a good movie per se. There were multiple times when I was laughing at the movie. But I love the edginess and low budget feel. Plus, all the actors seemed like they were having fun and not self-conscious of their own fame (because they had none).
Posting prompt schedule
Click on this link
Anne Green Gables good one! Following! Thanks for doing this!ReplyDelete
Those are great choices! Happy Friday!ReplyDelete
Yeah I think the first movie of any franchise is always the best because the celebs aren't popular yet!ReplyDelete
Here's my Follow Friday
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
I know I read the Anne of Green Gables book many moons ago, but I don't think I've seen the movies.ReplyDelete
I haven't seen A Little Princess but Anne of Green Gables, I loved!ReplyDelete
And you know what, I loved Twilight(the first one) and yes, boy did I laugh at the movies bunch of times but I liked the first one. It had its own charm.
Here's My FF
I agree with you on Twilight. It definitely wasn't the greatest movie ever created...some of the acting was super cringe-worthy. But even so, I still watch it sometimes.ReplyDelete
I read the first in the Anne of Green Gables series last week. I've heard there were movies and a TV show (miniseries?) and I would like to see both!ReplyDelete
We really love this idea! We were a little confused how to participate and would love some more information! We are a pretty new blog and we are looking for other blogs and are interested in spreading the word about our own!ReplyDelete
-Lily (from Lark and Lily)