The Feature & Follow is back with a few changes.
The Feature & Follow is back after a two-month hiatus! I know you missed it. I've missed it too! But we wanted to make it bigger and better - and I hope we have accomplished that.
- Weekly Features will be chosen from LIKES on the linkylist and not as random.
- Bloggers and Authors will get to have ONE spot a quarter (90 days) as the feature. But, you can still participate.
- The reason we are switching to this method is because we had issues with contacting people. This way we just choose them.
- We have also switched to THUMBNAIL link list – use a graphic that you want us to use when we showcase you as the feature.
- Weekly questions have been changed to Post Prompts. Very similar just a little more open ended.
- We are asking for ideas submitted by participants.
- We will have the post schedule available so you can schedule in advance.
HOW DOES THE #FF WORK?
- The goal is to increase blog followers, make friends and have something to post.
- You create your own post using the post prompt.
- You leave your link and thumbnail in the linky list that links back to your post prompt.
- Once you have your post up and linked, visit other posts and tell them hi. The point is to FOLLOW them not just comment.
- If you see a post that just hit it to the moon, or just want to show appreciation to a fellow blogger friend, like their name on the linky list to show some appreciation.
- The person with the most likes gets chosen as the next Feature (you can be chosen every 90 days unless we are in need of features)
- It is required that if you participate that you have to follow the FEATURE. It is a big no-no to participate and ignore the feature. They are the special snowflake in this little blizzard.
- As a participant it is up to your discretion on how you want people to follow. Please post RSS, GFC etc if you have a follow of choice.
- Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
- Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
- If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followedFollow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
THE weekly feature:
THE POST prompt:
THE POST prompt:
- What is your favorite character archetype(s)?
For girls, I tend to go for characters more like me - bookish, nerdy, quietish, not really rebellious (unless there's a purpose to it). I like characters who grow in self-confidence throughout the story. But I also like a really dark sense of humor and a healthy dose of sarcasm.
For guys, I like beta males. I prefer guys who are also a little nerdy and shy. I like the easy-going funny types. I don't like alpha males - the guys who feel the need to "claim" and constantly protect a girl. (Ironic considering I've always been a huge Edward fan. But every rule has its exceptions). Basically I like guy characters who consider the girl to be equal or even prefers the girl to be the dominant personality.
Posting prompt schedule
Click on this link
I also like girls that grow through the story, that share different aspect of their personality. I think is very important males see women iqualy in books, and the women do the same, that helps a lot while we still looking fo gender equality!ReplyDelete
Great respond! Already following you!
Giova @ Corazones Literarios
I feel like I listed about every type cause it really depends on the type of book for me...lol.ReplyDelete
Hi Alison! I notice you say you were on a 2 month hiatus. I think I've been on a year-long hiatus. I've been neglecting my blog in general, but I really haven't done a FF post for like a year. I'm back now, though. ;DReplyDelete
I like your archetypes. I especially like it when the Beta male has a rare flash of jealousy or protectiveness, even if that isn't normally how he rolls. And I like guys that let their gal shine! ;D
Great choices! I do love alpha heroes, but I can't stand "alpha-holes" or all that claiming nonsense. I enjoy the things that you mentioned that a good writer can bring out in an alpha--sensitivity, an ultimately soft heart, intelligence, the consideration of the heroine/other hero as an equal (or even a superior. That's hot in an alpha, imo.)ReplyDelete
I like alpha males but beta males have their own charm! I agree. After going through people's answers I am realising that I love those archetypes! Especially your preferred ones.ReplyDelete
We are almost exact opposites in our choices! I love that we're all so different, but I do understand what you like about those archetypes. Old follower. Have a great weekend! Oh, and here's my post.ReplyDelete