The Feature & Follow is back with a few changes.
The Feature & Follow is back after a two-month hiatus! I know you missed it. I've missed it too! But we wanted to make it bigger and better - and I hope we have accomplished that.
- Weekly Features will be chosen from LIKES on the linkylist and not as random.
- Bloggers and Authors will get to have ONE spot a quarter (90 days) as the feature. But, you can still participate.
- The reason we are switching to this method is because we had issues with contacting people. This way we just choose them.
- We have also switched to THUMBNAIL link list – use a graphic that you want us to use when we showcase you as the feature.
- Weekly questions have been changed to Post Prompts. Very similar just a little more open ended.
- We are asking for ideas submitted by participants.
- We will have the post schedule available so you can schedule in advance.
HOW DOES THE #FF WORK?
- The goal is to increase blog followers, make friends and have something to post.
- You create your own post using the post prompt.
- You leave your link and thumbnail in the linky list that links back to your post prompt.
- Once you have your post up and linked, visit other posts and tell them hi. The point is to FOLLOW them not just comment.
- If you see a post that just hit it to the moon, or just want to show appreciation to a fellow blogger friend, like their name on the linky list to show some appreciation.
- The person with the most likes gets chosen as the next Feature (you can be chosen every 90 days unless we are in need of features)
- It is required that if you participate that you have to follow the FEATURE. It is a big no-no to participate and ignore the feature. They are the special snowflake in this little blizzard.
- As a participant it is up to your discretion on how you want people to follow. Please post RSS, GFC etc if you have a follow of choice.
- Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
- Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
- If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followedFollow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
THE weekly feature:
THE POST prompt:
THE POST prompt:
- 3 Favorite Book Boyfriends, books they're in, and why you'll always love them.
I know the idea of book boyfriends is popular, but I rarely think that way. I'll always feel a fondness for Edward. I was so obsessed with Twilight for a long time. I still like it. Over time though I liked Jasper even better. I love Gareth in the vampire series by Clay and Susan Griffith. A fighter, brilliant, emo but not too emo, treats Adele (the heroine) like his equal. Then there's always Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables.
Posting prompt schedule
Click on this link
Now the linky is just a link that takes you to a separate page. I'm not sure why this happened. But I think it may be okay, because at least we don't have to worry about the columns. What do you think?
<!-- end InLinkz script —>
Nice list of book boyfriends. I was always team Jacob myself but Edward certainly had his appeal!ReplyDelete
OOh nice picks! Only know of the one, but I'll take your word for it!!ReplyDelete
Here's my Follow Friday
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
OMG Gilbert! He is so dreamy, and I wanted a boyfriend just like him when I used to read the series. I also wanted auburn hair like Anne's. I loved how he and Anne were rivals and challenged each other academically too. ::swoon:: I am very happy that I got picked to be the featured blogger this week and I so enjoy participating in yours and Rachel's Feature & Follow. Thank you for being awesome hosts. You can see my post here: http://www.theplotbunny.com/feature-follow-friday-top-3-book-boyfriends-books-love/ReplyDelete
I love Anne of Green Gables! :) Hopping throughReplyDelete
I liked Edward as well. I was a little bit obsessed with Twilight for a while. :)ReplyDelete
Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews
Great choices I always had a fondness for Jasper as well. I haven't read the other two books yet but I heard great things about them! Old FollowerReplyDelete