The Feature & Follow is back with a few changes.
The Feature & Follow is back after a two-month hiatus! I know you missed it. I've missed it too! But we wanted to make it bigger and better - and I hope we have accomplished that.
- Weekly Features will be chosen from LIKES on the linkylist and not as random.
- Bloggers and Authors will get to have ONE spot a quarter (90 days) as the feature. But, you can still participate.
- The reason we are switching to this method is because we had issues with contacting people. This way we just choose them.
- We have also switched to THUMBNAIL link list – use a graphic that you want us to use when we showcase you as the feature.
- Weekly questions have been changed to Post Prompts. Very similar just a little more open ended.
- We are asking for ideas submitted by participants.
- We will have the post schedule available so you can schedule in advance.
HOW DOES THE #FF WORK?
- The goal is to increase blog followers, make friends and have something to post.
- You create your own post using the post prompt.
- You leave your link and thumbnail in the linky list that links back to your post prompt.
- Once you have your post up and linked, visit other posts and tell them hi. The point is to FOLLOW them not just comment.
- If you see a post that just hit it to the moon, or just want to show appreciation to a fellow blogger friend, like their name on the linky list to show some appreciation.
- The person with the most likes gets chosen as the next Feature (you can be chosen every 90 days unless we are in need of features)
- It is required that if you participate that you have to follow the FEATURE. It is a big no-no to participate and ignore the feature. They are the special snowflake in this little blizzard.
- As a participant it is up to your discretion on how you want people to follow. Please post RSS, GFC etc if you have a follow of choice.
- Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
- Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
- If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followedFollow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
THE weekly feature:
THE POST prompt:
THE POST prompt:
- What are your favorite podcasts - both bookish and non-bookish podcasts
Podcasts are my great love. That's why I came up with this question. Selfishly, I want to get more podcast recommendations.
I subscribe to several hundred podcasts. Luckily, not all update frequently and I occasionally have to cull them. If you wonder whether my extensive podcast listening cuts into my reading...the answer would be Yes. But I still love them.
Here are a few of my favorites
The Librarian Is In
What Should I Read Next?
Adventure in YA
Tea & Jeopardy
That Stack of Books
All the Books
Smart Podcast, Trashy Books
The Worst Booksellers
Hypable's Book Hype
Books on the Nightstand
Dear Book Nerd
Adventures With Words
The West Wing Weekly
NPR Politics Podcast
Betty in the Sky
The Memory Palace
Dear Hank and John
Backstory with the History Guys
Ken Rudin's Political Junkee
Wait Wait..Don't Tell Me
No Such Thing as a Fish
Slate Lexicon Valley
Welcome to Night Vale
Pop Culture Happy Hour
Doctor Who: Verity!
Doctor Who: Radio Free Skaro
Slate's Political Gabfest
The Diane Rehm Show
This American Life
How To Do Everything
The Jillian Michaels Show
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Stuff You Missed in History Class
The History Chicks
The Bowery Boys
Amateur Traveler Podcast
Posting prompt schedule
Click on this link
I am trying to link up but every time I try to use a picture, it says it isn't valid. So if anyone wants to check out my link (or help me link up lol), here I am! Happy Friday!ReplyDelete
I didn't know there were so many bookish podcasts! Thank you for sharing them!ReplyDelete
Oh wow! That's a lot! I never really got into them myself.ReplyDelete
Here's my Follow Friday
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
Wow, I thought I listened to a lot of Podcast. I think you told me about What Should I Read Next and now it's one of my favs !ReplyDelete
If you like PCHH then you might like Pop Rocket. They do pop culture but they work in the industry and have some extra insider knowledge. Have you ever tried Radiolab or Malcolm Gladwell's Revisionist History ?
Holy cow! This is some list! LOL I love Book Riot as well--they're so interesting, and I like the variety of book and reading-related discussions they have.ReplyDelete
I also listen to a lot of the other NPR casts you listed. There are so many here--I don't know how you keep up!
I’ve heard nothing but good things about the Serial podcast. I’m looking forward to diving into the series. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I’m following on Goodreads, Bloglovin and Twitter!ReplyDelete
Whoa. You have quite the list of podcasts! I'm in the search of new ones myself - the three I subscribe to just aren't enough! I'll definitely have to check some of these out to subliment my mornings :)ReplyDelete
Andrea @ Bookish Lifestyle
Ohh great picks Alison I actually just started following Smart Podcast, Trashy Books and Adventure in YA. I absolutely love and enjoy both of those podcast. Thank you so much for stopping by my #FFF.ReplyDelete
Wow, you like a lot of podcast...lol.ReplyDelete