Thank you so much to Claire and Teen Book Scene for allowing me to participate in the book blog tour for Epic Fail by Claire LeZebnik. Check out my review of Epic Fail. I really enjoyed the book.
Please welcome Claire to Alison Can Read.
My top ten favorite ways to procrastinate when I should be writing:
1. Enjoy a slice of coffee cake with a cup of coffee. (You’d think there’d be a limit to how many times a day you can use the coffee/cake excuse to get out of writing, but I’ve yet to find one. You have to pace yourself, of course, but some days, that bitter/sweet combo is all that keeps me going.)
2. Decide I have to exercise because I’ve been eating too much cake; take the dogs for a walk.
3. Feed the cat and beg him to pee in the litter box this time, not on the floor of our bedroom.
4. Clean up the cat pee on the floor of our bedroom. (That isn’t actually one of my favorite things to do but it happens so often you might think it was and it certainly keeps me from working.)
5. Check to see if there are any new posts on Facebook.
6. Check to see if there are any new posts on gofugyourself.com.
7. Check to see if there are any new posts on seriouseats.com.
8. Pick up the little dog and make kissy faces at him, then reassure the big dog that I love him too by rubbing his stomach.
9. Put on some loud music, pretend I’m going to clean up the kitchen, but instead just listen to the music while I push stuff around on the kitchen table.
10. Bake a sour cream coffee cake. You can’t keep eating cake if you run out of it, you know.
Repeat cycle of 10 as often as necessary to keep from being productive.